With a long history of dressmaking and general sewing, I achieved a City and Guilds advanced certificate in Soft Furnishings before moving to Wales in 1999. It was here that I began making patchwork, and soon developed something of an obsession, quickly producing quilts for myself and my two daughters, quilted by hand.
The lengthy process of hand quilting soon had me looking for an alternative method. I found machine quilting on my domestic sewing machine an almost impossible task, so I began researching long arm machines.
My Gammill quilting machine arrived from America in April 2002, and after some months of practice I was able to start quilting for customers. I have had success at two national shows, receiving a 2nd prize at The Festival of Quilts 2003 Birmingham NEC, and a 2nd prize at Quilts UK 2008 Malvern.
Situated in beautiful, rural West Wales, Time Machine Quilting is within a short distance of 5 patchwork supply shops and the National Wool Museum, which makes for an interesting day out:
- Calico Kate, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 01570 422866
- Cross Patch, Velindre, Carmarthenshire, 01559 371018
- Isabeau Inspirations, Crosshands, 01269 844969
- Penbanc Fabrics, nr Newport, Pembrokeshire, 01239 820568
- Red House Quilting, Mumbles, 01792 368080
- The Jen Jones Welsh Quilt Centre, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 01570 422088
- National Wool Museum, Velindre, Carmarthenshire, 01559 370929
Ask a question...
Not seen anything you like...or would like to request a commission....